However, this week was about simmering ideas about the fill design on the eagle.... and
1. My #1 daughter (2nd grader) came to me several weeks ago with a drawing and asked me if I could make her a dress. A trip to the fabric store and an hour in the sewing patterns resulted in dress patterns for both girls (#2 daughter in 1st grade). So this week was about getting as much done on these two dresses as possible.
Here is the pattern. She choose the long pink dress with the cap sleeves. We made a few modifications. First we cut the dress at the size 12 length on the bottom, instead of the size 8 she is. Then we eliminated the dropped ruffle skirt look. #1 daughter also had drawn a pink belt on her orange dress, so we made that up from scratch, with 45 degree ends, like a ribbon. No jacket.
2. Here is #2 daughters dress. She chose the blue "fairy dress" on the pattern picture.
Here is the top with two layered ruffle sleeves on shoulder strap, with lining. It is complete. I am now working on the skirt and underslip with ruffle today, then zipper and I'll update with fashion show photos when its complete.
Both of these projects used costume satin which is slippery stuff!! Pinned these pieces every two inches to keep them firmly in place. But these Simplicity patterns were a good warm up for Halloween. Girls have picked out Princess costumes, so I have added two more UFO projects in the ASAP column of my list!
But, I have also removed a few things from the UFO list too!
1. I thought this summer, after the move, that I would recover a few pieces that needed desperate TLC. I have pair of library chairs from my grandparents that needed to be updated. Here is before and after:
I also had the following chair and ottoman on my list, but after sending photos to my Aunt, who taught upholstery and had her own business - this is now going to be a outsourced project. So this is off the list!
Looking forward to Trapunto-ing the Eagle over this next week!